Re: "lift the dot" fasteners....

To: Cliff Pike <cpike@cpass.net>
Subject: Re: "lift the dot" fasteners....
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:01:37 -0400 ()
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Cliff Pike wrote:

> Andy, thanks for your input.
> I should have been a little more clear.... the "lift the dot" fasteners are
> only at the front four attachment points at the windshield base. All the other
> points are snap fasteners.
> Cliff

I did know what you meant Cliff; last year I helped a friend install a new
Robbins tonneau on a TR250. We used the Lift-the-Dot fasteners, and I'm
sorry we did. I find them rather more difficult to work when you have to
reach "up under" the windshield frame like that. It's not so bad on older
"sidescreen" TRs, MG-TDs, etc.

But the "eyelets" are a bit easier to put onto the posts, and a LOT easier
to remove, IMO.

--Andy