Re: S/N identity...

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: S/N identity...
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:55:45 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,
Surprise, surprise! it is neither a 1966 nor a 1967.  It is in fact a
1965.  During those years Triumph used the actual calendar year as the
basis for declaring the model of their cars.

Your car was manufactured in 1965, but the dealer (in the US) probably
went ahead and registered the car in the year it was sold, or during the
fall of 1966 as a '67 model as all the US cars were.

This is not really unusual, since shipping time, differences in model
years, and time in dealer possession have a lot to do with how the cars
were first registered.

Regards,
Joe

--