Susan's nails

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Susan's nails
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:00:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> I really liked your footnote on Susan's nails.

Bob,

Since we just got home from Maine Wednesday night, Susan just saw your
footnote last night (Thursday).  You're in deep "do-do" Bob.  There is a
lady on the hunt for blood.  For those of you who don't know my wife Susan,
she isn't the cosmetic and nail polish type... at least not very often.  I
wish I had pictures of her (with the air ratchet) taking the Oil Pan off the
dirty, greasy engine which, over the winter, blossomed into the engine in
the '3 we drove up to Maine.  That's not really her style either, but she
does love operating air tools.

All kidding aside, Susan was thrilled that you were able to capture that
photo and we would love to have an Email copy of the full size photo.  BTW -
The high point of VTR for me was the hooting, hollering and raised fist,
emanating from our '3 after Susan got her time for the third run. If you
were there, you know what I mean.  She was excited!  The VTR autocross was
her first and she is sold!

I need to thank John Lye for taking the time to walk my wife, who was
intimidated by the sea of pylons, through the AutoX course and set her mind
at ease. That helped a lot.  Susan was having trouble getting the stomach
butterflies to fly in formation <G>.  I sure wish I listened to the advise
John gave to Susan.  That was to take it easy and learn the course on the
first run.  I had testosterone oozing out of every pore on my first run and
was all over (and off) course my first run.  This was also my first AutoX in
15 or so years; I used to campaign a 1980 Buick Regal.  Go ahead and laugh.
Many people I beat laughed the first time too.  <Huge Grin>  The TR is much
more fun than the Regal or my Vega ever was.

We had an awesome time at VTR.  I look back at conversation with groups of
listers I have "known" for years (but never met) and still grin ear to ear.
I envisioned having a good time, but was blown away by the GREAT time VTR
turned out to be.  Having our two kids, ages 4 and 6, with us, slowed us
down a little, but their reward, three days with some of our friends at
their camp on little Sebago Lake kept them in line for the entire event.

We're already talking about the regional in VA next summer.  Hey, Ken N.,
how about some kid friendly events?

Have a great weekend list,

Jack (Still reeling from the great time in Maine) Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando
Hillsdale, NJ