Re: TR3 front suspension rebuild question

To: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 front suspension rebuild question
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 22:17:56 -0700
Bob :

They need to be reamed to size. Reasonably easy for DIY (I did the
latest round a few months ago), or a shop should do it for only a few
$$.

The correct 5/8" hand reamer is available from Enco
http://www.use-enco.com/ as P/N 333-5100.  It was $15.77 in my 1997
catalog, but I can't imagine it's gone up too much since then.

If you have something that will turn it, the chucking reamer is a little
cheaper, P/N 331-1140, listed for $10.10 in my 97 catalog.  I used one
of these in my drill press to ream the bushings for my 59 TR3A.

If you're using the TriumphTune Nylatron bushings on the inner pivots,
they also have to be reamed to size, around 13/16" as I recall.

You probably should use some cutting oil.  Get the stuff they use for
threading pipe at the local HW store (about $7/pint last time I bought
any).

I just tried http://www.vtr.org/index.html , it seemed to load OK for me

Randall
59 TR3A