email survey

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: email survey
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:07:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been looking for a rare part, a main shaft for an early TR6 tranny
with A-type OD.  Using VTR and J.B. Zimmerman's fine links pages I wrote 11
emails to used parts dealers seeking availability and price.  I thought it
would also make an interesting, although totally unscientific, survey of
internet responsiveness.  I attach no importance to whether or not they had
the part, since it IS a really rare part. More interesting is the time of
response.

All the emails were sent between 2:41 P.M. and 2:50 P.M. on Wednesday July
27, except TS Imports which was at about 3:30.

  Company                         Response                       Had part
British Cars Only               Wednesday 6:59 P.M.             Yes
British Parts NW
British Racing Green
Motorhead (Website warned
        slow email response)
British Miles
Obsolete Automotive     Wednesday 2:50 P.M. (9 Minutes!)No
Team Triumph
Triumph Spares          Wednesday 10:27 P.M.            No
trnut@aol.com (I forget who it is)
TS Imports                      Thursday 11:44 A.M.             No
VIP Parts(Always-Jaguar)Thursday 10:06 P.M.             No

This written Friday July 30 at about 4:00 P.M.  I'll update the results in a
week or so to see who else has replied. All times are EDT.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK