RE: Slave Cylinder placement -- THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <levilevi@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Scott.Mackay@intl.sematech.org>, "CarlSereda@aol. com" <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "Bud Rolofson" <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>, <75270_3703a@csi.com (scott s.)>, <ryoung@navcomtech.com (Randall Young)>, <peb3@cornell.edu (Phillip E. Barnes)>, <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil (Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP)>, "Day. John@fin. gc. ca" <Day.John@fin.gc.ca>
Subject: RE: Slave Cylinder placement -- THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:27:12 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I wanted to take a moment to personally thank all of you for your thoughts
and advice in regards to my question about slave cylinder placement and
clutch adjustment.  It turns out that the slave cylinder is placed
correctly.  My next options to check for are:  broken clutch fork pin and to
make sure I'm not losing hydraulic pressure during clutch pedal depression.

The problem is ever-present, however, it seems to be worse after I've driven
the car for several miles than upon initial start-up.  Which makes me think
that I at least have a problem with my nylon tubing expanding under the
engine heat.  However, I suspect that the clutch fork pin might also be
broken.  Ugh, I guess I have to drop the transmission sooner rather than
later.

Thanks again for all your help.  As I get further along on the transmission,
I'm sure you will all hear from me again.

Take care,

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net