Re: skinny TR3 spare tire & Foam on the floor jack handle

To: "Geohahn@Azstarnet. Com" <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Subject: Re: skinny TR3 spare tire & Foam on the floor jack handle
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:11:32 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I keep a duct-tape label on the tread of the tire itemizing
> the contents of the rim so I don't have to remember what all
> I stashed in there.

George,

Wow!  I like that idea too!  The simple stuff we never think of.

Speaking of great, simple ideas, I keep a length of pipe insulation (the
slitted tube, foam stuff) on the handle of my floor jack to keep the handle
from damaging the paint on the car, when lifting the car or for when the
handle just gets away from me.  I mentioned this one to the list a year or
so ago, but it warrants repeating.

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando