Re: Trailering Tips ?

To: Brad Kahler <bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil>
Subject: Re: Trailering Tips ?
From: P Barber <patbarber@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:25:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Brad,
What type of Trailer will you be using to tow your Spitfire to Portland?  Is
it a purpose built car hauler? Is it an open trailer or an enclosed
trailer?  How long is the trailer?  Does the trailer have an appropriate
ramp system to load the car?

I ask these questions because they make a difference with:
 * how easy or difficult it will be to load and unload the car,
 * The restraint method
 * Ease of driving the tow vehicle

After reading you note for the 2nd time, I think you are most interested in
getting your car there in  cleanest shape.   I suggest a enclosed trailer or
a Car hauler with a complete deck, i.e. a deck which is not open in the
center.   Some car haulers are open in the center and resemble a drive on
hoist.  The open center allows a lot of debris to be "sucked up" onto your
car.  I would suggest a trailer with a complete deck.

--
Patrick Barber, Allen Park, MI
70 Spitfire MkIII FDU89984L