Re: TR4A service person needed

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: TR4A service person needed
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:10:12 -1000
Cc: fergie@ntplx.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
> Just for the record... no one's messing with my carbs unless the're sober
> and wide awake and can see what the're do'in.

It wouldn't do any good even if I was sober and wide awake, I can't seem
to adjust them right anyway. !

> I don't think SU carbs are ever "just right".   It's a life long effort to
> find the perfect tune.  My car is a little rich.... but runs real good...
> so I'm afraid to mess with what's not broken.

Best advice yet.

> BTW, Brad....  I actually got a call yesterday about my "restoration
> service"..... see what fooling around can do.   Nice guy though... we are
> going to meet up at the "Day of Triumph" here in Boston on the 25th and see
> if we can connect him with some local LBC folks.  BritBits in Rye, NH is a
> good bet if we can't find anything closer... and they will be at the show

Ooops!  I was only joking your honor, I didn't mean no harm.....I didn't
know the gun was loaded.................!! (sorry!)

> Michael....  I assume you tried the "back off 12"  simple rule to start
> with.   I got this from the list... you tighten the jet nut until tight and
> then back off 12 flats.   That should give you a starting point unless the
> jet is damaged or bent.... or the floats are too high.

I'm betting on the floats being set wrong or sticking.