Re: Pos earth

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, lherault@bu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pos earth
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:41:26 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/99 6:21:30 PM EST, ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

<< The early automakers grounded the positive side because they thought that
the
 grounded side needed a greater "potential" (meaning more potential charge to
 them) hence that was available from the "earth" (or body in the case of
 cars).  Think about it - "It's all very logical, Cap'un."

Art:
Well, I've been biting my tongue too, and it's bleeding into my mouth so here
goes.  The early automakers were influenced by some of the early
pre-Christian animistic theories describing the relationship among the
various 'vapors' and 'biles'  you remember yellow bile, black bile and red
bile.  The vapors came upon us from the swamps and negative ( note that word)
spirits in the world causing all sorts of problems, sickness and disease.
Now it is well known that the mother earth takes care of us all, just ask any
Native American. They have been aware of this for centuries. Well when the
modern art of auto design came up and the choice was to keep the 'negative'
near Mother Earth or the 'positive ' near  Mother Earth the choice was
obvious, don't you agree?
Bob Paul
(Trying to keep oriented to the center of the earth)