RE: frame protection

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: frame protection
From: Wayne Whippo <WayneWhippo@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:55:04 -0400
I have gleamed these works from the list archives:

"Personally, I prefer Dinitrol which consistently wins awards in Practical
Classic magazines for it's rustproofing abilities, over Waxoyl."

"Dinitrol (1st in Practical Classics Long Term Anti-Rust Test May 1993)
Rust Killer & Ant-Rust Treatment for your car."

"Waxoyl is great stuff but in tests it was a long way behind Dinitrol."

So, on 3/10/99 I contacted Dave Eldredge at Aftermarket Sales, the US
distributor of Dinitrol, as recommended by Jack Brooks.

He provided the following information:

------------------
Dear Mr. Whippo,

Thank you for your call today regarding DINITROL Rust proofing systems.
Please take a look at the pricing for the products that we discussed over
the phone.

DINITROL ML: Super penetrating corrosion protection, leaving a thin, brown
and soft protective film.  Designed for closed cavities.  Excellent for
rust-proofing of used vehicles. Rough guess on volumes per vehicle is 300
to 1000 ml. Art. No.1855 Comes in a five liter pail. $26.25 6 to 8 weeks
lead time F.O.B. Seattle. /// Art. No.2028 Comes in ten one liter cans
$58.75 or $11.75 per one liter unit. 6 to 8 weeks lead time F.O.B. Seattle.
/// Art. No. 7661 500 ml 12 pack aerosol cans $53.25 or $8.87 each. Lead
time five business days F.O.B. Seattle

DINITROL 4941 AR: Thixotropic underbody protection leaving a black, tough,
elastic and waxy film, giving excellent protection against corrosion and
abrasion.  Also suitable as transport and storage protection in very
corrosive environments.  Low aromatic solvet! Rough guess on volumes per
vehicle is 1500 to 3000 ml.  Currently have in stock Art. # 6345 208 liter
drum (55 gallon) $288.00 lead time five business days F.O.B. Seattle.

DINITROL 4941: Same as above except aeromatic solvents present. Art. #
3765. 20 liter pail $84.00 lead time 6 to 8 weeks.  F.O.B. Seattle ///
Art. # 5067. 10 one liter cans $60.25 or $12.05 each.

DINITROL 3654:  Thixotropic, penetrating cavity protction which leaves a
beige, waxy and water repellent protective film.  Designed for application
in closed cavities ond on open surfaces on vehicles, as well as transport
protection on spare parts etc.  Very useful in every situation in need of
corrosion prevention. Rough guess on volumes per vehicle is 300 to 1000 ml.
Art. # 4790 20 liter pail $158.30. lead time 6 to 8 weeks F.O.B. Seattle.
/// Art. # 5040 10 one liter cans $80.00 lead time 6 to 8 weeks F.O.B.
Seattle.

DINITROL 964:  Water based, long-term protection for iron, zinc and
aluminium.  Provides a heat resistant, transparent, lacquer like film.
Less sutiable for cast iron.  Suitable for surfaces that have to withstand
high and low temperatures, e.g. the engine compartment.  Art. # 2107  25
liter pail $428.38 lead time 6 to 8 weeks F.O.B. Seattle.  Art. # 2107-L 10
one liter bottles $342.70 or $68.54 each. lead time 5 business day F.O.B.
Seattle

Please write or call with additional questions.  Please let me know if I
can get some of these items order for you so the lead time will be much
less.

Thanks,

Dave Eldredge; Dinol U.S., Inc.  800-331-4304

Has anyone used any of these? Which one should we use inside the frames?

Wayne Whippo (Digest mode)
Boulder, Colorado
72 TR6 CC81472UO