Re: The Origin of Positive Earth?

To: "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Origin of Positive Earth?
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:18:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
OK - as long as we're discussing sacrificial anodes, is the stone guard on
the bottom front of TR2/3 rear fenders made of zinc (as I was once told) to
act as an anode, or was I misinformed and it's really aluminum??

- Karl Vacek
'66 TR4A - IRS
'64 Amphicar
'16 Ford T Touring
'46 Piper J-3 Cub

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, The Falcon Glen, TFGTV wrote:
> As a kid I was told it had something to do with stopping the car from
> rusting! ..similar principal to a sacrificial anode.

Malcolm replied: