Installing Caliper piston dust shields - help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Installing Caliper piston dust shields - help
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:22:34 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List
These are driving me nuts. I am trying to figure out how to get the dust
shields installed around the piston per the Bently manual. This is a 1968 TR
250 which uses the older Type 16 P calipers, and hence doesn't have the
metal circlip ring fitting. Just a thin groove in the caliper body itself
that the one lip of the rubber dust cover fits into. I've tried to fit it in
without the piston in, and with the piston in.

Is there a trick to getting this into that groove, or is it just a matter of
persistence? Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Mark