TR6 Brakes - Thanks...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Brakes - Thanks...
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:46:11 -0400
Fellow Listers,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the brakes on my
TR6. Many of you pointed out the front brakes perform the lions share of
the stopping effort. I've ordered new front brake pads and will install
them as soon as they arrive.

I do have a couple more questions. I read a past post about installing
the rear  wheel cylinders. This post mentioned something about greasing
the distance washer, locking plate and spring plate. Do I need to do
this and if so why? I noticed the opening for the wheel cylinder in the
backing plate is larger than the cylinder itself. Is this so the
cylinder can move?

In replacing the front pads, should I pull the calipers to replace the
pads or will this cause me more trouble?

Thanks again for the help!

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painsesville, OH