XKE Hot Rod!!

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: XKE Hot Rod!!
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:39:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I found the following ad on the internet and had to laugh at the reason the
car's for sale. The owner's age (91) forces the sale!! Do ya think he's a
major gear head who couldn't decide between American muscle and British
finesse?

1963 XKE HOT ROD: Series I Coupe. Age (91) forces sale. Body: Excellent, no
rust, nice primrose paint, excellent chrome, interior very good. Engine: 406
Chevy small block, Brodix aluminum heads - 10 1/2 to 1, Ross forged very
light pistons, Childs and Albert 6" Sportsman rods, Crower cam, big valves -
roller rockers, ported intake and exhaust, 1 3/4" headers, Corvette pan, MSD
ignition, individual components balanced, final assembly balanced, Edelbrock
aluminum performance intake, custom air cleaner, custom 4-row radiator
w/electric fan. Chassis: New suspension bushings, new rack and pinion
steering, Koni shocks, British knock-off Minilite wheels. Transmission:
Chevy R700 automatic, Corvette shifter, oil and trans coolers. 70 mph at
2,000 rpm. $22,000, (541) 846-6876, Oregon.