FW: Adult Resignation

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Brit-list'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Adult Resignation
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:16:46 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Seems like a good idea...  sometimes...  but I guess that is why we do what
we do with our little "friends"... (obligatory lbc content  :^)

        > A bit of summer Friday rumination... don't know who wrote it.

        I hereby officially tender my resignation as an adult. I have
decided I > would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old
again.  I want > to > go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star
restaurant. I want to > sail > sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make
ripples with rocks.  I want to > think M&Ms are better than money because
you can eat them.  I want to lie > under a big oak tree and run a lemonade
stand with my friends on a hot > summer's day. I want to return to a time
when life was simple.

        When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery
rhymes, > but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you
didn't know > and > you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because
you were blissfully > unaware of all the things that should make you worried
or upset. I want to > think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and
good. I want to > believe > that anything is possible. I want to be
oblivious to the complexities of > life and be overly excited by the little
things again.

        I don't want my day > to consist of computer crashes, mountains of
paperwork, depressing news, > how > to survive more days in the month than
there is money in the bank, doctor > bills, gossip, illness, and loss of
loved ones. I want to believe in the > power of smiles, hugs, a kind word,
truth, justice, peace, dreams, > imagination, humankind, and making angels
in the snow.

        > So, here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and
my 401K > statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.  And if you
want to > discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause, "Tag!
You're > it!"