TR6 Carbs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Carbs
From: Andrew Langley <Andrew.Langley@actfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:02:47 +0100
Morning all

I've been on the list for about two years now ever since I purchased a '72
TR6. It's been fairly reliable apart from a few starter motor problems,
however I've started experiencing problems with the carbs.

I've been driving along at about 70mph and pushed it a little further and it
sounds like there's popcorn popping in the engine bay and would appear to be
coming from the carbs/filters. Immediately, I slowed the car down some and
the noise went away. It only happened on a few occasions this weekend  -
there were times when I was doing the same sort of speed and it was fine; in
fact it was ticking over quite nicely.

Any ideas ?!?

Anders

** The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of ACT Financial
Systems Ltd **