Door Latch Adjustment

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Latch Adjustment
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:13:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The passenger side door on my 75 TR6 "drags" against the striker plate post
when opening and closing the door. When closing the door, the latch assembly
on the door rubs against the bottom of the striker plate post mounted on the
body. If you push down when operating the door it doesn't bind. I'm assuming
that either the striker plate needs to be moved up on it's body mount OR the
whole door needs to move down. According to the Haynes Manual the door moves
up and down by making adjustments at the hinge side of the door. Seeing as I
have nice gap spacing all around my door I'm hesitant to make any hinge side
adjustments unless absolutely necessary. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - current status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD