TR6 Odometer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Odometer
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 18:18:11 -0400

Triumphants,

        The odometer on my '72 TR6 does not work. Not wanting to wait 4 weeks
        and spend $100 by sending it to Nisonger's, I opened it up to see
        what is (or is not) ticking. What I found was that the plastic lever
        that supposed to move the trip-meter is not engaging. However, when I
        rotate the speedometer so that the plastic lever is on top, things
        seem to work normally. By the way, I'm testing the speedo by hooking
        it up to my variable speed drill.

        Well, the question is should I bite the bullet and send it to them. Or
        does anyone have an inkling how this can be fixed. I already tried to
        push this level closer to the body, but to no avail.

        thanks,
        Jeff