#$%#$ Garage door opener

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: #$%#$ Garage door opener
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:48:50 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
O wise ones in the electrical department:

Anybody familliar with Stanley garage door openers?  I ask because I
destroyed the electric eye LED box (small sender side) the other day.  Our
local garage guy (several, actually) quote $50 for the part.

Well, part(s).  As always, they only sell "a set" which includes a bunch of
stuff I need not.  The little LED inside the box flew away and cannot be
found, and that is all I really need.  I have no idea what it really "is"
because, at speed flying across the garage, small items are easily lost.

My immediate thought was "short circuit the @#334534^$%#%" I don'need no
steenkin' protector beam.  But,  closing the circuit with a jumper wire does
not make the system work.  I assume, therefore, that there must be a
resistence in the circuit that I am not providing.  Any idea what it is?
Help, please?

TIA

Dave T
no more garage valet, damn.