Re: New TR4

To: Johntr6@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New TR4
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:22:03 EDT
In a message dated 03-Jul-99 08:59:20 Eastern Daylight Time, Johntr6@aol.com
writes:

> Having initiated the thread on 6's vs 4's a few a week ago, I'm now the
>  proud(?) owner of a 64 Tr4, an original BRG to match my repainted BRG TR6.
>
>  probably paid too much - $2250 - but engine runs and idles smoothly,
clutch
>  and gears work, although couldn't test drive because brakes are out. Body
is

>  clean, except for a surface break on the door from over extension because
> the
>  hinge strap is missing, but new paint will be needed. Interior is OK, with
>  new panels and seat cover in mailing box. Also, complete OD transmission
and

>  spare engine from, PO says, a 4A. Two huge oil-sodden boxes full of parts
> and
>  junk, good tonneau and softtop, and - the finest treasure of all- the
>  original owners manual! And a Haynes. Lots of new parts.

John, with all that it apppears to me that you did OK.  You could probably
sell thae spare engine and OD trans if you wanted to get some money back.
I'll bet someone on the list would want it.  Although you might want to
install the "spare" trans in your car if the one in there is not OD. :-).

>> snip >>

Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)