RE: Water Pump failure

To: Sebastian_King@ipc.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Water Pump failure
From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:41:56 -0400
You are lucky that it worked out so easily.  It happened to my TR4A
twice.  Some of us take a while to understand.  My problem was that the
generator pulley was not perfectly aligned with the crankshaft and water
pump pulleys, putting a twist on the weakest element, which is the
waterpump shaft.  No problem since I fixed the alignment. You might want
to check to make sure your break isn't going to happen again.

Alan Crane

Driving along on Saturday when there was a nasty clanking noise - Water
pump
pulley sheared!! - On hanger lane for those of you familiar eith the NCR in
London.

Now for the best bit - managed to get to Finchley where my parents live,
borrow
the car and go to th TR shop in Chiswick, 58 UKP later, a new pump!! - Now
if
anly everything was that easy!