TR6 dash warning lights

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 dash warning lights
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:10:37 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
To the list

I have been working on trying to get the proper working order set for oil
pressure warning light and the brake failure warning light.

The oil pressure warning light has not been working.  The switch for the
PDWA was disconnected due to the brake light be always on (the shuttle in
the PDWA is centered).  If I connect the switch for the PDWA, the oil
pressure light comes on during start.  By removing the connections at the
'starter relay', the brake light will not come on during start (It appears
that this relay was used to allow the brake failure light and the EGR light
to be tested at startup).  How can I test to see if the brake failue light
will work in the event that the shuttle in the PDWA moves?  How does the
PDWA switch really work?  Does it ground the brake light?  Right now,
nothing is connected to the 'starter relay' (also, which wire should be
attached to W1 on that relay, should be from the start position of the
ignition switch, but I can't find it under the bonnet).

Right now it seems to be working okay, but would like to now if the PDWA
activates so I can be prepared for reduced braking.

Frank

'76 TR6  CF57005U