re:Lever shock bolts

To: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re:Lever shock bolts
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:10:11 -0400
Jay, you can use a longer bolt for the lever arm so more thread protrudes
out the back,
then tighten down a nylock nut on it.  That ought to prevent future
loosenings.

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
>Subject: TR6 Questions>
>

>I have two questions regarding my TR6:
>
>1) I have had problems with the bolt holding the rear lever shocks to the
frame loosening.  I tightened them, and >they got loose again.  This time I
put LocTite on the bolts.  I hope this will hold.  Is there some provision
to lock >these bolts?  Nylon patch!
<