welding TRs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: welding TRs
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:47:59 EDT
<<You can also weld just about anything on the TR4s with an oxy-acetylene
welder.  (I already have, it seems...)  Plus with a torch you can get
stuff red hot for bending it, and bake off rust, bondo, etc.  Malcolm>>
MW,
I have seriously deteriorated tranny mounts (the two extension tabs with two
nuts each protruding off of frame) and need to reconstruct from scratch using
heavy metal  - do you think it can be welded with an oxy-acetylene torch? - I
have access to one and would prefer that to having a 'welder on wheels' guy
come by with a MIG etc.
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74