Increasing Lever shock damping

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Increasing Lever shock damping
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:41:15 -0400
I just made some mods to my Armstrong shocks.  I wanted to increase the
damping.  I was told to put in 30wt engine oil and tighten the small nut
holding the little spring by 4 turns (essentially tighten it all the way down),
and put about .070 of spacer under the big spring.  I did this and
it SEEMS like the damping is better.  It is pretty well controlled especially
when using the Moss blue mild comp. springs.

Now I have to do the front suspension.

-Tony