TR6, pinning the old thrust washers; how?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6, pinning the old thrust washers; how?
From: "The Garrisons" <garrison@dsl-only.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:07:55 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
So the crankshaft thrust washers on the 6 are dropping in the oil pan again.
Damned embarassing.

Got 0.030 overs on both sides.  I put these in when I rebuilt the motor
about 5 years ago.  6 months ago they dropped into the oil pan and I slid a
new set in.  Yesterday they dumped into the pan.

I've been told that the long-term fix is to pin the thrust washers into the
block.  I'm gonna try pinning the two 0.030's with something underneath one
to take up the 0.020 or so of slop I now have.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this is usually done?  I'm thinking
of using roll pins.  Just drill a couple of holes thru and put pins in that
are slightly shorter than the thickness thru.  Let the crank keep them in.
Something short of pulling the block and doing welding or replacement.

So how much grief am I setting myself up for?

- GeneG