Re: TR6 with a Targa top

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 with a Targa top
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:46:52 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> Listers,
>
> A few months ago (maybe a year or more), the subject of putting a TR4/4A
> targa top on a TR6 came up. I was looking through some of my photos a day or
> so ago and found one of a TR6 with a targa top. I have posted it---

Dan:
I think that my carmine TR6 just behind the 6 with the Surrey top.  I was
there!  By the way my 6 now has a surrey top, with the alloy panel for
winter
and soft top for summer.  In all the years I have had the TR (25) I have
only
seen three others.  I took it to the Walter Mitty vintage races at Road
Atlanta
a few weeks ago and overheard the following:  STATEMENT:  "I didn't know
the TR6
came with a surrey top. ANSWER:  Sure it did, I've seen lots of them."
I just kept quiet and grinned.
Bob