Re: POR-15 products

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: POR-15 products
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:02:49 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Henry-
   Boy am I going to miss that unique "burnt orange" . I recently repaired the
floor of my 6 with Por's repair kit. It contains the following.....
    1 Qt. black por 15
    1 Qt. silver por 15
    1 Qt. black frame paint
    1 sheet metal screening (texture is very fine and resembles fiberglass
strands) enough to do at least one half(drivers side) of my floors plus some
left over.
    1 pt of rust neutralizer (zinc coating) w/spray attachment
     3 or 4 pair of rubber gloves
     various cheap brushes,  widths of 3/4" to11/2"

I was impressed with the overall results as for me it was much less expensive
than the "proper" repair. My floor had holes as large as 11/4" diameter and was
very solid when finished. The only drawback that I can forsee would be having
to repair the repair!It would be quite impervious to sandblasting etc. etc.
My cost was 120.00 w/shipping for the kit.I could send some pix if interested.
Tim Hutchisen
native Mayna