1st sign of old age - Low LBC content

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1st sign of old age - Low LBC content
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:18:58 -0700
Its Sunday morning and there are'nt hardly any cars around. I'm sitting a red
alight and the car behind me revs the motor just as the light changes. THe road
opens up into four lane and the car behind me starts making a run to go past
me.  Naturally I romp on it and the race is on. He's gaining on me(and I can
hear his free flow exhaust very well) as we come to another red light. He pulls
up next to me and he's in some type of compact aero egg shaped car(chevy, ford,
pontiac, honda, who knows as they all look so much alike these days). The kid
driving is barely sixteen as his head barely rises above the window seal. I
told him he had a fast little car and he smiled. I was half expecting some
smart elic remark when he said "I try". He knew he did'nt have a race horse for
a car but he enjoyed putting it through its paces.  He saw my car and though I
had a race horse(boy was he mistaken) not knowing he probably had 50% more
power than I did under the hood. Anyway, he took off as the light changed and I
let him go. He had to stop at the next light and the timing was such that I
passed him as it changed to green.  I gave him the thumbs up as I passed him
and turned onto the freeway.

I liked the kid, he did'nt have a fancy sports car but his heart and attitude
were in the right place.

1st sign of old age- Seeing/finding faults in the next generation and judging
all by those faults.

I get caught up in the 'bad generation mode' too often and the exceptions keep
bringing me back.

Funny thing is I remember a kid from high school that  stroked, bored, hot
cammed, webered and free flow exhausted a '77 honda civic. This perverted
little car would sit there a lope at an idle. As you've guessed, that kid
always wanted a TR6.........and he finally got one ............17 years later.

Hehheehe,I got to go now........before I start to cry.

;-)

Steve Nabors
B'ham, AL
'74 TR6(daily driver)