TR3 Steering

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Steering
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:11:44 -0400
Well boys and girls, I've spent a week fretting over how I was going to get
my steering linkage apart. Bought a pittman arm puller yesterday...way too
big and inappropriate for the job, but what do I know?. Took it back today
and traded it for a  pickle fork. My cross link, tie rods still attached, is
now laying in my garage floor!! Piece of CAKE!

Parts should arrive tomorrow. If not, it'll be Monday, but if they go
together as easily as they came apart, I'll be ready for DMV on Tuesday -
after I drive a couple hundred miles to "properly" tighten up my wire
wheels! 8^) Yes, I going to try to get by with 'em for awhile. After a long
drive on Sunday, it appeared that the only thing moving around in there was
the linkage, not the wheels/hubs. I'm not kidding myself - will have to
replace sooner rather than later, but hopefully okay for now.

Wish me luck!

Michael Ferguson
Vernon, CT