Moss Online Ordering

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss Online Ordering
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 20:43:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
As you may have noticed Moss now lets you order online from their web site.
That's the good news. They don't have a secure server. That's the bad news.
My new NextCard Visa (yes the vanity card with a picture of my TR6 on it -
as some of you wrote and told me..... I've officially gone over the edge!)
guarantees ALL Internet purchases 100% regardless of the security offered by
the web site, as well as 100% of any charges against your card if it's
"compromised" over the web. That's the good news. I placed my order with
Moss online about 10 AM yesterday morning but didn't get a confirming order
number or back order status. That's the bad news. The order arrived today!
That's great news. Granted it all shipped out of NJ, so Connecticut is just
a short UPS drive away, but I figured it would take 2 to 3 days. They've
done a pretty good job with their web site and, obviously have the online
ordering working but it needs to be a real E-Commerce site to generate
serious use. C'mon on folks...... I know there's a techie on this list with
the skills to set them up on a secure server with a shopping cart, back
order status, order confirmation number etc.. Actually I just can't figure
out why they stopped short of "doing it right".
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - current status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD