Re: Cruise Nights

To: sweisman@gis.net, fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: Cruise Nights
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:27:51 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
There's a similar function (only 2 or 3 times a year) called "Under the
Lights" in a town close to my home.

The main street is blocked to traffic and the cars line up on both sides for
display after a brief run through town.  Lot's of fantastic American Street
Rods and Classics - beautiful Vette's - but, in three years, I've never seen
an LBC there!

Like Sumner, not being snoby, but maybe LBCs aren't present because they
don't fit popular visions of the American 50's, 60's or 70's automotive
picture!!??  I dunno, I appreciate the American Classics for the
"love-of-hobby" that we share in common.  I never had an American car until
after I got married and realized that a wife and baby didn't fit well in my
MGB!

The next Under The Lights is in a few weeks....maybe I'll see if they're
receptive this year - could be that no one's ever approached the organizers!

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)