TR6 Timing and Power curve

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Timing and Power curve
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 21:08:52 -0700
I've a question about the power curve on a stock TR6. My timing is set to 13
degrees before TDC(no vaccuum retard or advance servos with idle(700-800RPM). I
use 93octane(B'ham, AL) and I have no pinking. I have great low end torque(with
no pinking)!

The Problem: At about 3000rpm the torque/power starts dropping off rapidly.
You'd think I had the timing retarded too much by the symptoms I'm giving but
if anything its advanced too much. Is this typical of the TR6 or do I have
something wrong here? My intake and exhaust clearances are set to .010 gap.

Is this typical of the stock TR6? Am I expecting 240z power curve performance
out of a TR6? Does the stock muffler kill performance on high end that bad?
Would a higher duration cam and freeflow exhaust make a noteable difference?