Spitfire Trim Code

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Trim Code
From: Bernard Christian-Woodruff <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 99 12:24:19 +0200
Dear Listers,

Having had a fantastic weekend at STER in Holland, I am now re-charged
for more work on the car!

Originally, the car was white, whitewall tyres and Matador Red trim. My
goal is to get the car back into its original spec. However I have one
small problem. How do you define the word TRIM? I've checked all my books
and nowhere can I see what exactly is meant by TRIM. All I know is that
it is definitely the seat covers. But what about carpet, door internal
panels, door cappings, dash top cover, glove compartments....?? And so
the list goes on...

Can anyone tell me precisely what would have been Matador Red originally
in my car and which bits would have been the standard black?

Thanks!!

Bernard

'68 Spit MkIII
'69 GT6+