TR6 - Original Air Filter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Original Air Filter
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:56:16 -0400
Can someone provide a number for the air filters for the original air cleaners
on a TR6.  I bought a couple of Frams (don't have the number handy) at the local
auto parts store that were listed on their computer for the TR6 but they are
slightly too big around and not quite the right thickness.

Also did the original air cleaners have a seal between the two parts (one that
is flat and goes up against the carbs and the other that holds the filters and
has the two short tubes out the front)?  I thought I've seen a seal/gasket in
some catalogs...VB?...but then others...Moss...don't show or list it.  I'd like
for ALL the incoming air to come in through the front tubes as I'm running some
hoses to some flanges on the radiator shroud so that cool air is delivered to
the carbs.

Thanks
    Bud
    71TR6 CC57365