interesting tr6 for sale

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'peterz@merak.com'" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: interesting tr6 for sale
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:19:38 -0600
Peter Zaborski  wrote:

> Check out <http://www.racetor.force9.co.uk/trsales.htm> and note the
second
> from last listing. I know they cost more on home turf but wow, this is the
> most I've seen one listed for. Nonetheless sounds like a fine ride for
those
> with a 911 c4 already in the garage and more car $ to spend.

                         TR6: Electronic Fuel Injection. 16" Minilites x 7".
205x50x16.
                         Leather Bucket Seats. All Steel Engine. Uprated
Gearbox,
                         O/D and all Driveline. Special Rear Hubs. Alloy
Radiator.
                         Twin Batteries. Tow Eyes. RCT Spoiler. 4 Pot Vented
                         Discs and Finned Rear Drums. Finned Sump and Diff
                         Cover. Highest Specification TR6 Ever Built By
                         Racetorations. Metallic Silver.

All yours for 31,000 pounds, or $50,000.
If you were to estimate the price based on the description:
$10,000  very nice TR6 in concours condition,
$ 5,000   over priced fuel injection,
$ 3,000   leather from very contented British cow owners,
$ 2,000   special secret gear box upgrades (Toyota Supra),
$ 1,000   special rear hubs,
$    500   alloy radiator,
$    200   4 pot brakes & finned drums,
$    200   finned aluminum sump and diff cover,
$    100   second battery
$22,000  total

That leaves a total of $28,000 to cover the metallic silver. The current
price of silver is  $4.82 and ounce for a total of 363 pounds of silver.
I don't know how well the car would handle with all of that silver in the
trunk!

Lee Janssen
Denver CO