Re: Gas tank removal from 59 tr3a

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank removal from 59 tr3a
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:20:00 -0400
KTRIUMPH@aol.com wrote:

> << Can anyone advise me on the best way to remove the gas tank from my 59
> tr3a,should it come out through the trunk or through the interior
>      Thanks Greg Cook
>       Tr52173l >>
>
> Both. Either. You need access from both directions. I usually R & R thru the
> cockpit. But I suppose you could manuver it in thru the boot.
> G'luck
>
> Ken Nuelle
> 58 TR3A
> 62 TR3B
> 64 TR4

Greg,

The tank must come out through the interior.  Due to the slope of the rear deck
and
the flange that mounts the trim board, you cannot get the tank out through the
trunk
area.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars