Anybody want a daily update of new Triumph listings at eBay?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Anybody want a daily update of new Triumph listings at eBay?
From: <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:11:35 -0500

I'm way behind on reading the list (just finished the Nov 8th digest, only
about 140 more to go... :-).  In my catchup reading, I've noticed the
occasional posting of Triumph bits at eBay.  I just did a search and found
more than 60 items that seemed to be Triumph-related.  That's too much to
page through on a regular basis and I hate having to visit web sites to see
what's new, so I wrote a little script to download the page search for
"triumph -motorcycle", snip out the interesting content and compare it with
the content saved the day before.  This gives me a little update checker.
The output is just a list of item numbers and descriptions as in

    70067630 NOS Triumph Spitfire Catalytic Converter
    70317267 Triumph Spitfire Transmission 75-80
    70320556 Triumph Spitfire ,GT6 License Lamp

The filter runs as a Unix cron job each morning at 6am Eastern and sends me
email when something new is added (only the new stuff, not existing or
removed stuff).  Since sending mail to a list is about as easy as sending
mail to an individual, if anyone's interested in getting such an update,
drop me a note and I'll add you to the distribution list.  I don't think the
whole list will be interested in this, nor do I think it's a good idea for
programs to be sending mail to large mailing lists that are under other
peoples' control (too much chance for runaway programs and the resulting bad
vibes).

*Don't* send your request to be added to the triumphs list.  I figure it
will be sometime in May before I see it at the rate I'm reading digests.

Remember: Spring is just around the corner...

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583