Pale Yellow Paint

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pale Yellow Paint
From: "Paul Schneider" <schneidr@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:02:07 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for all the responses on getting a PPG paint code for pale yellow
paint.  The consensus is primrose yellow is the same as pale yellow, and the
PPG paint code is 82043.

My local PPG paint supplier tells me PPG code 82043 is for "Moonlight
yellow - 1972 Mazda".  From what I've been able to find out, automobile
manufacturer's "copy" paint colors from other manufacturer's.  Can it be
that my beloved TR3A (and all the boxes it is in) is the same color as some
1972 Tokyo tin?

I'm going to get a spray can and see how close it is.

Paul
1960 TR3A, in boxes