Re: Redlines

To: smith007@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Redlines
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:18:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:42:44 -0500 " Philip Smith"
<smith007@mindspring.com> writes:

>Thanks to all, who responded to my redline inquiry. It wasn't Cooker,
>that I
>was trying to remember, it was "Diamond Back", out of Anderson, S.C. I
>found
>the information, that they had sent me. Remanufactured redline radial
>for
>89.00? Has anyone on the list used them? Are you satisfied?
>Thanks
>Phil Smith

  I've had 215 R15  remanufactured radial redlines on my 72 TR6 for 3
years now and I really like them.  I've put about 9000 miles on them in
that time with no problems.  I had to replace one cause I ran over a
curbstop spike and it caused a big blister -- but the tire didn't blow or
go flat.  The 9K miles include lots of long high speed drives to distant
shows -- 75 mph or better for hours.   Because of the All weather tread
they're a little noisy  but are great in the rain here in Fla.  The tires
I received were Goodyear Eagles, with the redline applied to the reverse
side.   I got them from Antique Automotive Accs.  in Las Vegas . . . . I
think I paid $99 plus $10 shipping each -- a great price!     Phil Bacon