Re: TR6 heater question

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 heater question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:31:02 EST
In a message dated 2/25/99 09:56:09 Eastern Standard Time, vinttr4@geneseo.net
writes:

> When I operate the cable that directs heat to the floor or to the
>  defrosters, I can't get any air to come out of the slots under the
>  windshield. The cable operates okay, the big flapper on the bottom of
>  the heater box opens and closes, but no matter what else I open or
>  close, no air comes out of the slots under the windshield.

If it is like the TR4 and I think it is, Check the air hoses from the both
bottom sides of the heater to the vents.  The hoses should be connected and
open.

All the flapper does is open or close the bottom of the heater so that air
flows into the cockpit footwell.  When fully open to the footwell the flapper
pivots so that the openings to the windscreen vents are under the rear of the
flapper and air does not flow to the hoses.  Hope that helps.  Let us know
what you find.  Cheers.

Art Kelly