Re: Red Line tires - TUBES????

To: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Subject: Re: Red Line tires - TUBES????
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:13:02 -0500 ()
Cc: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>, "'Day.John@fin.gc.ca'" <Day.John@fin.gc.ca>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Gary Ganoung wrote:

> Some time ago there was a thread re. tubes in tires on TR6 steel wheels
> and whether a tube was necessary.  Conclusion was that a tube was NOT
> necessary.  Is this still the consensus????

Basically, yes. The steel wheels would take any appropriate tubeless tire.
Wire wheels usually require a tube (and a liner on the rim to protect the
tube from the spoke ends and such). At one time, I believe the Goodyear
G800S red line and Michelin red line tire was produced in both tube-type
and tubeless versions, depending on the type of wheel (as were various
other tires at the time for LBCs). I don't know which type the current
Michelin red line tire is. Perhaps they still make both?

--Andy