Re: Merchandise [Triumph paperweight]

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Merchandise [Triumph paperweight]
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:59:30 +0000
Cc: BPRector@aol.com, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
Hi,
        I know of two Triumph paperweights, both Herald shaped. There are
probably others, but being 100% Herald orientated myself......

The first is a Herald Coupe, a bit crude and cast in some form of Resin.
Painted brown, and sold by Boots the Chemist in the UK. No longer
available, but a friend did make some (awful) plastercast replicas! I
saw one of the originals for sale in an Antique (sic) Shop for around 15
UK Pounds. It's about 3-4 inches long.

The second type is sold as a "Made with Welsh Coal" souvenir, actually
being cast in some kind of white plaster, then painted black, probably
using real coaldust! 8~}   This one is a 1200 Saloon, in about 1/32nd
scale, and appears to be based on the old Airfix Herald kit. This is
much sharper than the other, and is easy to find in British giftshops
(particularly in Wales!). Price is around 9-10 UK Pounds.

I hope this is of some help,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup