16" Panasports on TR-6

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 16" Panasports on TR-6
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 05:35:14 -0700
>>When I put on my snow tires I was surprised to see that there was a small
amount of metal
>> removed from the inside wheel weights (crimp on type).

>I to am surprised that you are having a rubbing problem
>on the inside lip, this sounds like the issue folks are having with the 15"
>rims.

As I recall the 15 inch version can't run crimp wheel weights at all on the
inside of the wheel instead they must use adhesive weights (please correct
me if I'm wrong here).

>How do the 205/55-16's fit-up?  Do they extend out beyond the fender lips
at
all?

As I recall there was a small amount tire extending past the fender. I was
glad that I didn't go with a wider tire.

> What brand/model tires are they?

Dunlop 8000 as I recall. I believe these were replace with the new and
vastly worse 9000 series.

> Do you know if these rims are available in both silver and gold color?

I believe they are available in both colors

>Where/who did you buy them from?

There are several ads in Grassroots for panasports with 800 numbers. I went
with the cheapest.

> What do you think about their quality?

Looks great to me, but what do I know I'm driving a TR6 to and from work.

Hope this helps
Lee Janssen
Sunny Denver CO