Re: Advice on RX7 for my son

To: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: Advice on RX7 for my son
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:42:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
No!  The current generation is not completely lost!  Take me for an
example... I have a friendly dislike for the Miata (it's actually a very
nice car!), and I now own a 1981 TR7, at only 16.5 years old!  I've been
going to Brit shows for the last three years!  And in case you think I'm
the only one, there are at least three other British Car fans in my
school.  (And is it coincidence that their parents all have owned LBC's
in the past?  One had a Spitfire in College, another had an MGB :) up
until something like 10 years ago, and another had an AH 3000 Mk3!)
Just wanted to clear up any unfortunate misconceptions about GenXers and
our (misguided) taste in cars!
Later,
Brian

(PS- Oh, and as to the RX7 in question, tell him that they are nice
cars.  I have a friend who's had his for a year-round driver, and has
really enjoyed it.  They are really neat, with that rotary and all, but
I have just never warmed up to the styling.  (Please keep all smart
remarks about the "visually challenged" TR7 to yourselves please.  :)

--

--
Check out my new webpage:

1981 TR7 DHC, the newest addition!