Re: Larger valves in TR3A

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Larger valves in TR3A
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:41:43 EST5EDT
John,

I installed the Moss valves in my 4A. I measured both them carefully against
the stock and basically, the intakes are the same size (maybe .01"
larger) while the exhausts are a good bit larger (like .1"). This seems like
a good thing for a street engine.

This matches my porting philosophy. I go nuts on the exhausts and pretty
much leave the intakes alone (street use remember).

The old dear seemed to pick up some torque on the bottom and suddenly it wanted
to pull right past red line... One cylinder was pretty tired when I started
(just 90psi).

I was mainly interested in the fact that they are high quality stainless
valves. I put in hard seats too. Seem to work great. Most old valves can be
reused so it's kind of overkill. I'm running about 10/1 compression on
unleaded gas so I figured I needed all the help I can get.

Yep. May be illegal in some classes.
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press