Re: Compressor problem

To: jack@cocoinc.com
Subject: Re: Compressor problem
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:16:46 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Hi Jack,

Wasn't sure how you were trying to run the compressor.   I just happen to
work at the Depot and further happen to work in hardware where we sell
the compressors.  If you were running them using any kind of extension
cord, that is your problem.....We have had heard nightmare stories where
a home owner plugged in a compressor using a cord which got so hot, it
caught on fire...which in turn caught his vinyl siding on fire!  Don't
know if it is true or not....makes for good discussion around the
training table.

If you use an extension cord, you will trip the breaker and can cause
damage to the compressor...so says Campbell Hausfield and
Devilbliss...the manufacturers of the ones we sell in the Atlanta
area.....Both are very explicit in the manuals that are not to use any
cord at all, but instead you should use more air line

Also if there are too many other 'things' on the circuit, that can cause
the breaker to trip.  At my house, if the compressor is running, and the
microwave gets turned on, the breaker trips.  I really need to rewire
that circuit for the compressor.

How to get air to your back yard?  You should be able to run extra air
line......I've done it and never had a problem.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA