Re:

To: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Subject: Re:
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:49:14 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/16/99 12:11:25 PM EST, MD.FEED@nwh.org writes:

<< The countershaft end float tolerance limits according to the Bentley Manual
 are).007 - 0.012 inches. My gearbox is now 0.015 inches. Would this be
 acceptable at this point and continue on with the rebuild? In all likelihood
 the case  is somewhat stretched from wear. Would anyone try to shim it and
 where would you place a shim?  >>
I've used a rather thin, large washer on the laygear assembly between a gear
and the tube spacer to correct this play. Worked OK.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4 (with spacer on layshaft for 10 years or so)