A Post Seals

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Post Seals
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:38:41 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I purchased replacement A Post seals for my 76 TR6 and cannot convince
myself that the part I was sold is a replacement for the part that my
car has in it.

The part I purchased appears to be a rubber extrusion with a 1 inch flat
surface that rolls up on the long edge to form a "tubular" structure.
The part that is on my car appears to be a much more complex structure
than the replacement.

Another observation about the part in my car is that it appears to be a
continuous part from the A Seal to the door seal.  That is, its all one
part, not two as is being sold now.

Obviously, before I tore the old part off, I wanted to put out some
feelers on the issue.

This is my best illustration of the new part:

The part on my car seems to look more like this:

Jack Radley
76TR6